About American Express Membership Rewards
American Express, one of the most coveted credit card providers, offers top rewards programs with a variety of options to earn and redeem points. Amex has a wide selection of credit cards; most offer signup bonuses, many have no annual fee, and some include cash back and travel rewards.
How to Earn AMEX Points to Sell?
You earn AMEX points on every purchase, and you can also earn bonus point values at supermarkets, gas stations, and restaurants depending on your card of choice. One perk is that American Express cardholders can earn double membership rewards when riding with Uber. As a result, it’s easy to earn points through regular purchases and then sell Amex points to earn additional money.
While you’re earning rewards to then sell Amex points for cash, you can take advantage of some of Amex’s famed benefits. Many Amex cards offer travel benefits like baggage insurance, access to select airport lounges, and roadside assistance. In addition, Ticketmaster often offers presale tickets exclusively to Amex cardholders, so you can now score the event tickets you’ve been waiting for. No matter which card you use, there are a variety of luxuries you can enjoy while you gain and then sell American Express points.
Why Should I Sell My Amex Points?
The ease of earning Amex points is exceptional. However, redeeming these points isn’t as great for many members. For example, you cannot use Amex points to book paid flights unless you have a business Gold, Platinum, or a Centurion card. Amex transfer partnerships with airlines are great but they are not always easy to use. Even for non-travel options like dining, groceries, and other purchase options, there isn’t much you can do with Amex points. Instead of going through such hassle, many users find it best to just sell their Amex points in exchange for instant cash. MilesBuyer not only provides lucrative returns for your points but also makes it easy to sell them.
How Much Cash Can I Earn from Selling Amex Points?
With the Amex cashback option, you earn 0.6 cents for every Amex point. However, selling your American Express points with a reputed broker like MilesBuyer can fetch you a much higher value for each point. This value depends on several factors like market demand, the number of Amex points you want to sell, etc. Since Amex has a lenient expiration policy, we recommend you to bulk up your Amex points before selling them because points sold in bulk have high returns.
How Much Money Are Amex Points Worth?
The worth of Amex points is based on how you want to redeem them. There are tons of redeeming options for Amex points with varying values. The best deal you can get out of your Amex points save from selling them is by transferring them to airline or hotel loyalty programs. Depending on the loyalty program, this option gives you a return of 2.2 cents per point on average. Redeeming points on Amex travel portal yields 1 cent per point. Booking flights through this portal is easy and saves time. Apart from this, your Amex points can be worth between 0.5 and 1.10 cents if you redeem them for gift cards in categories like flight, hotel, car rental, dining, retail, etc.
How are American Express Rewards used?
Before you decide to sell your Amex points, you may want to know how you can use them. There are various ways to make the most of American Express Reward points. Here are some:
- Book flights, hotel stays, etc. – You can use your Amex points to book reward flights, stay at partner hotels, and even on vacation packages. This can be availed when you book directly through the Amex portal and also via Expedia.
- Upgraded flight seats – Amex points can be used to upgrade your flight seats on its 20+ partner airlines. That being said, your Amex points will begin to lose value as your bid escalates.
- Cover card charges – You can get statement credit in exchange for your Amex reward points, like a cash back option
- Shopping – Amex reward points can be used to checkout your purchases from retailers like Sephora, Yeti, etc. and even on online purchases from Amazon, Walmart, etc.
- Transfer points – An easy way to maximize your Amex reward points is by transferring the points to airline and hotel partners of all major credit card reward programs
These are all great ways to use Amex points but it may not always be lucrative given the reduced cash value you get in these transactions. Selling Amex reward points is more profitable due to the high return value.
American Express Membership Rewards Program
Cardholders accumulate AMEX points to sell through their purchases, with the opportunity to earn bonus points at supermarkets, gas stations, and restaurants depending on the specific card they use. The American Express Cards available, along with their corresponding point structures, are as follows:
- Blue from American Express: This is the basic card that grants cardholders 1 point for each dollar spent on eligible purchases.
- Amex EveryDay Credit Card: This card offers a 20% bonus on points after making 20 or more purchases, providing 2 points for every dollar spent on groceries and 1 point for eligible purchases.
- Amex EveryDay Preferred Credit Card: Cardholders of this option can enjoy a 50% bonus on points after making 30 or more purchases. It offers 3 points for every dollar spent on supermarket purchases, 2 points for each dollar spent at gas stations, and 1 point for eligible purchases.
- American Express Green Card: With this card, users receive double the points for transactions made through Amex Travel services and 1 point for each dollar spent on other eligible purchases.
- Premier Rewards Gold Card: This card rewards users with 3 points for every dollar spent on airline tickets purchased directly through the airline, 2 points for every dollar spent on stays at select hotels, and 1 point for everyday purchases.
- The Platinum Card: Cardholders of this premium option earn 5 points for every dollar spent on airline tickets purchased directly through the airline or via American Express Travel.
Are there alternative ways to earn Amex points to sell?
To earn Amex points, you need any one of the American Express cards. When you sign up for Amex membership, you earn a good amount of introductory bonus points. Once you are a member, you can earn referral bonus points by referring your friends and family. Apart from these, you earn reward points every time you transact using your American Express cards like booking flights, buying at supermarkets, dining out, buying gas, gift cards, etc. If you use your Amex card often, you also gain frequent transaction bonus with Amex.
Process of Selling Amex Points
The process of selling Amex rewards is easy with MilesBuyer:
- Select Amex points and request your free quote.
- One of our representatives will talk with you in order to verify your Amex points.
- Once your American Express points are approved, we will send you payment.
- We use your American Express point for flight tickets for our clients
- Your account is returned to you, you can continue using your account and earning more Amex rewards points.
Why Sell Your Amex Membership Reward Points with MilesBuyer?
Your personal and financial data are encrypted and protected. We treat your data confidentially and don’t share any information with third parties.
We pre-pay you with Paypal before you transfer your Amex Points to our account.
5-Stars Rating on Google Reviews
We serve over 50,000 clients from across the World, and we scored five stars in the independent Google Reviews ranking. Customer satisfaction is our first priority.
Top American Express Membership Rewards Accounts This Month
Tracy A – 10 million Amex Points
Luke K – 2.2 million Amex Points
Von M – 200k Amex Points
Len B – 800k Amex Points
Stephen M – 400k Amex Points
Top American Express Centurion Accounts This Month
Grady D – 6 million Amex Centurion Points
Robert M – 120k Amex Centurion Points
Leon Z – 1.1 million Amex Centurion Points
Willy A – 6 million Amex Centurion Points
Mason K – 400k Amex Centurion Points
FAQ’s on Selling American Express Points
Is It Illegal to Sell Amex Points?
It is not illegal to sell your Amex reward points to a miles broker. Many members sell Amex points due to the non-availability of reward seats. However, it is frowned upon by the company to sell your points but no legal action is taken against such members. We recommend you to be cautious about the process of selling Amex points.
Can I Sell My Amex Points and Get Money?
Yes. You can sell your Amex reward points in exchange for money. This can be done in two ways. You can redeem your Amex membership reward points for a statement credit. This is Amex’s cashback option. When redeeming points this way, you get a value of 0.6 cents per point. Another way to do this is by selling your Amex reward points with a miles broker. MilesBuyer provides high rates for your unused Amex points.
Is It Safe to Sell Amex Points?
You can safely sell your Amex reward points through MilesBuyer. We provide you a highly secure transaction process with a reliable SSL throughout to keep your personal data secure while you do business with us. We take data security very seriously and never share your details with any third party.
How Much Can You Sell Amex Credit Card Points for?
MilesBuyer provides highly competitive rates for your Amex credit card points depending on the number of points you have. It is always a good idea to make some money out of your Amex reward points instead of letting them go to waste. Send us your quote and we will take it from there.
Where Can You Sell Amex Points?
It is important to sell your Amex rewards points with a trusted miles broker for data privacy. We, at MilesBuyer, never compromise on customer data and maintain high levels of security by having multiple encryptions in place. Selling your Amex points with us will guarantee your peace of mind while you make some extra, well-deserved cash. Give us a call at 1-800-511-0315 and we would be happy to guide you.
How to Sell Amex Points for Cash?
You can sell your Amex rewards points at MilesBuyer to avail of highly competitive prices for your unused points. We make selling your points easy and straightforward. All you need to do is send us your quote by filling up the contact form at the top of the page or give us a call at 1-800-511-0315. Once we agree on a fair quote, we will transfer the cash to you instantly before you send the points to us. Learn more about selling airline miles and points here.
Did you know?
American Express was founded in 1850 and currently has over 100 million credit cards around the world. Due to their storied and current success, they are considered one of the most valuable brands in the world.