About Spirit Airlines Miles & Frequent Flyer Program
Spirit Airlines is one of the ultra-budget carriers and seventh-largest commercial airlines in the United States with a la carte fees for almost everything. Spirit Airlines flies to about 70 destinations in the US, North and South America, and the Caribbean. Its extremely low-cost fares are a hit among large groups and families.
Its newly launched frequent flyer program, also known as Free Spirit, is free to join and comes with a variety of perks like free shortcut security and boarding, seat selection at check-in, first checked and carry-on bag, free snacks and beverage in-flight, special promotions and offers, etc. Apart from earning points from buying Spirit Airlines tickets, you also earn points when you spend with their hotel partner, Choice Hotels or car rental partner, Hertz or at the Free Spirit online mall.
You can only use Free Spirit points at Spirit Airlines with redemptions starting at 2500 points minimum. So the extra Free Spirit miles that you sell with us can be the ones that another one of our clients purchases to top off their points and avail a free ticket.
Spirit Airlines Rewards Program
Spirit Airlines’ Free Spirit® Loyalty Program
The Free Spirit loyalty program has three status levels – Free Spirit, Free Spirit Silver, and Free Spirit Gold. Free Spirit members earn 6 points for every dollar spent on tickets and 12 points for each dollar spent on ‘La Smarte’ options. ‘A La Smarte’ options are what we call extras which include purchases for bags, seats, etc. Free Spirit Silver members earn 8 points for every dollar on fares and 16 points for every dollar spent on the extras while Gold members get 10 points per dollar on fares and 16 points per dollar on the additional purchases.
Benefits of the Free Spirit® Loyalty Program
Some of the benefits of the Free Spirit Loyalty Program for all the three status levels combined include:
- Free selection of seats at check-in
- Shortcut to boarding
- Free carry-on bag
- Free food and beverage in flight
- Free same-day standby
- Free carry-on bag
- Increased point-earning based on the status level
Spirit Saver$ Club
Originally known as the $9 Club, the Spirit Saver$ Club is a reward program separate from the Free Spirit membership. It includes the following benefits:
Benefits of the Spirit Saver$ Club
- Reduced flight fares
- Saving fares on all seats including Big Front seats and exit row seats
- Discounts of up to 50% on luggage
- Reduced prices for ‘A La Smarte’ options or extras
- Offers while purchasing from Spirit Airlines’ car rental and wine merchant partners
There are multiple ways to make the most of your Spirit Airlines membership and earn maximum benefits out of them.
- If you have friends and family members who are also Free Spirit Silver or Gold members or Free Spirit credit card holders, you can pool all your points together for no additional charge. A maximum of 8 members are allowed to use this benefit.
- You can earn points from Spirit Airlines member programs which include hotels, car rental, wine merchants, etc. along with airline tickets
- The Free Spirit Dining program allows you to earn Spirit miles with every dollar you spend while dining at the restaurants participating in the program
- The Spirit portal also has an option for booking Spirit Cruises from which you can earn Spirit miles
- Spirit Airlines has partnered with Bank of America to offer 2 co-branded credit cards. You can earn points with every dollar you spend using these cards.
Process of Selling Spirit Airlines Miles & Points
The process of selling Spirit Airlines miles and pointsonly takes a few minutes and can be completed in the following steps:
- Submit a quote via the website, live chat, or phone. (Please make sure you enter the correct contact information so that we can promptly reach you.)
- We will respond with what we can pay for your Spirit Airlines miles and points today
- Once you accept, you will be paid in full via PayPal to your Verified PayPal account
- We use your Spirit Airlines miles for booking flight tickets for our clients
- Your account is returned to you, you can continue using your account and earning more Spirit airline miles.
Why Sell Your Spirit Airlines Points & Miles with MilesBuyer?
MilesBuyer puts data security at the highest priority. We have multiple encryption layers on our site to safeguard your data. We never sell your private data to third parties.
We offer safe pre-payment for your Spirit Airlines miles. This means we pay the full amount for your Spirit Airlines points before using your account.
5-Stars Rating on Google Reviews
We are a trusted online miles broker with our 50,000+ clients worldwide who return to us for repeat business. We pride ourselves on our quality and safe service which is evident in our 5-star independent Google rating.
Interesting Facts About Spirit Airlines
- Initially, Spirit Airlines was not a carrier. It was originally founded as Clippert Trucking company in the year, 1964. The name was changed to Ground Air Transfer which remained until 1983 when it was changed to its current name, Spirit Airlines.
- Spirit Airlines has multiple bases across the United States in places like Las Vegas, Chicago, and even Fort Lauderdale
- One of the most infamous incidents of Spirit Airlines is its overbooking in 1994 due to incorrect information provided to travel agents. 1400 tickets were canceled! Spirit Airlines had to pay other airline carriers to fly these customers.
- Spirit Airlines was fined $67,000 in 2000 by the Federal Administration for incorrectly placing placards and markings on its planes
- Spirit Airlines was the first carrier to charge passengers for their carry-on bags. This comes as no surprise since the airline has to find ways to be able to provide ultra low-cost fares.
Did You Know?
- You cannot use Free Spirit points to upgrade to its popular Big Front seats which are the larger seats with the most legroom.
- Spirit Airlines is known for its clean planes which is an amazing travel perk since not many carriers lay as much priority on in-flight cleanliness
- The staff of Spirit Airlines is quite popular for being friendly, which is a pretty great factor
- When you fly with Spirit Airlines, you will be consistently updated about flight information and status. This is a very useful benefit especially when a flight is canceled.
- Humor is a common factor in most Spirit Airlines flights with at least one of its pilots using jokes to help passengers feel at ease.
- Spirit Airlines’ planes are usually on schedule and so is their baggage.
FAQ’s on Selling Spirit Airlines Miles & Points
Do Spirit Miles Expire?
Yes, Spirit Airlines miles expire after 12 months of no activity in your account. You can keep your miles from expiring by using your Free Spirit membership to earn or redeem points in flight fares or partner services.
Can I Sell My Spirit Airlines Miles and Points for Cash?
Yes. If you have extra Spirit Airline miles in your account that you are not going to use in the near future, you can sell them in exchange for cash with online miles brokers, MilesBuyer being one of them. This way, you get to earn some quick money out of miles that would otherwise go to waste.
How Do I Cash in My Spirit Miles?
You can sell your extra Spirit Airlines miles at MilesBuyer in the following steps:
- At the top of the page, you will find a contact form. Fill up the form with your details. Ensure that you leave the correct phone number since we will use it to contact you. We will reach out to you with a fair and reasonable price for the Spirit Airlines miles you want to sell. Once you agree, we will verify your account and transfer the money to your verified PayPal account before accessing your Free Spirit membership account to purchase tickets for our clients.
- Alternatively, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details, the number of Spirit Airlines miles you want to sell, and the price you expect for the miles. We will call you to discuss the price and payment process.
- You can also directly give us a call at 1-800-511-0315 and one of our experts will guide you through the process
What Can I Use My Spirit Miles For?
You can redeem your Spirit Airlines points by booking flights from their website. You need to spend a minimum of 2500 points to book flights. However, based on the new model, you can buy Spirit Airlines tickets by using a combination of cash and points, starting at 1000 points minimum. Use your Free Spirit points to fly to more than 60 destinations in the US, Caribbean, and Latin America.
Where Can I Sell My Spirit Miles and Points?
You can sell your extra Spirit Airlines miles with trusted online miles brokers. MilesBuyer is one of the most credible brokers with high data security standards and the highest rates for your miles. For more details, drop us an email at email@example.com with your contact details and query, or call us at 1-800-511-0315 and we will assist you with any questions you may have.